Friday, May 25, 2012

Fringe: John Noble Looks Towards the Final Season




With the happy news that Fringe had defied the ratings odds and was renewed for a fifth and final season, I recently had the chance to briefly chat with John Noble ("Walter Bishop") at last week's FOX Upfront presentation. While production has not resumed yet, Noble told me his thoughts on going into the final year of the series and what he'd like to see resolved by the end of Fringe: Season 5.






IGN TV: Congratulations on the renewal! What did you guys think when you heard it?


John Noble: It seemed like the logical thing to do, for are all sorts of reasons - certainly story-wise. I think it’s a good thing for television to do to keep its audience. We’ve done on our job on Friday nights, what was expected of us, so there’s really no reason for us not to keep going.


IGN TV: And as you mentioned when you did our podcast, you had that last scene in the season finale -- people would have been going crazy if we didn’t see what was going to happen next.


Noble: Oh, God, yeah. I know.







IGN: You don't go back to work for a couple of months. Have they given you any inkling of what's to come?


Noble: Well, probably what I’ve told you already. I think that episode 419 that we did is the way forward.


IGN: “Letters of Transit,” right.


Noble: Yeah, exactly. Yes. That will show the way ahead. But I’m not sure yet. We've had preliminary talks, but that’s it.


IGN: What's it like for you knowing that this begins the Fringe farewell tour? I was thinking, “Aw, this is Fringe's last Upfront.” It's a little sad, but at least you have that closure.


Noble: No, it’s a wonderful feeling to have closure. We know that when we do things for the final time, we’ve done them. The last scene we do together, we'll be doing the together. I’d say it’s glorious.


IGN: Suffice it to say, I feel we’ve got to see William Bell again. 


Noble: Given that we saw his hand in “Letters of Transit!”


IGN: Yes!


Noble: I actually haven’t had that discussion with anyone, truthfully. [Leonard Nimoy] was terrific when he came back for those two episodes. He did a brilliant job, and I know he had a good time. I don’t know. I simply don’t know. But he would always be a popular choice, I think.


fringe-20120511091216622


IGN: Is there anything you’d like to see by the end of the show, either a character moment or a plot tun you’ve always wanted to see?


Noble: There needs to be resolution of the Triumvirate. Basically, we’ve been pulled together in this strange, dysfunctional little family. There has to be some, in a spiritual sense, some sort of resolution of that. I think they’ll give us that too. I think Walter’s got to take responsibility of what he’s responsible for, and I think there’s something rather noble in that if we can make it work.


IGN: Do you think that we’ll see the "other side" one more time?


Noble: I don’t know. I’d like to, but I don’t think so. I don’t think we need to go back there. We gave them a really good farewell.


IGN: Yes you did. It was very emotional.


Noble: It was very touching, wasn’t it? We will miss them.




Source : http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/25/fringe-john-noble-looks-towards-the-final-season

No comments:

Post a Comment