Friday, June 1, 2012

What's Next for Ridley Scott?




Following Prometheus, director Ridley Scott still has quite a few films left on his docket. The filmmaker is currently prepping for Cormac McCarthy's The Counselor, which has been described as "No Country for Old Men on steroids." Even still, Scott claims he has another Western in the works with a story ready to go.


"I want to do a Western really badly," said Scott in a recent interview with Slash Film. "I think I’ve got a Western this morning, finally after two and a half years of talking and writing and talking... I think I have it, which is kind of interesting."


When asked about his other projects, Scott said that his Blade Runner film is still in progress, and he also offered a few hints on two more of his films. Continued Scott, "Monopoly’s first pass is written... I don’t know what to do with Brave New World. It’s tough. I think Brave New World in a funny kind of way was good in 1938, because it had a very interesting revolutionary idea. It came shortly before or after George Orwell, roughly the same time. When you re-analyze it, maybe it should stay as a book. I don’t know. We tried to get it."


As for Tripoli, one of his earlier failed projects, Scott explained why the film never got off the ground. "It didn’t happen because of a personal thing," he said. "I felt somebody wasn’t well, so I couldn’t do it and I stopped, but Tripoli is great, because it’s about Thomas Jefferson and a guy called William Eaton... It's a good story."


And since Scott's Alien sorta-prequel Prometheus is on everyone's mind right now, let's take a look back at what he told us a couple of years ago about the creation of the xenomorph:















Source : http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/whats-next-for-ridley-scott

No comments:

Post a Comment