Friday, June 1, 2012

Theron Stoked for Mad Max: Fury Road




Charlize Theron has had a pretty good month. She's the star of Universal's Snow White and the Huntsman and she'll be appearing in Ridley Scott's Prometheus premiering on June 8. Following that, the actress will be heading back to her native Africa, where she'll begin filming for George Miller's Mad Max 4: Fury Road, a shoot that she's been looking forward to for quite some time.



"I leave in two and a half weeks and we start shooting I think around mid-July in Namibia," said Theron in a recent interview with Slash Film. "I’m f***ing dying, too, it’s been three years. It’s time to skin this cat already, so yeah, I’m very excited about it... I feel like the original Mad Max created such a vivid world, that to go back and re-imagine it and kind of replay in that sandbox sounds like fun to me."


When first approached about the character, Theron admitted she was less than enthused about the part. But after reading the script, she made a quick turnaround. "It’s a really challenging piece of material," she continued. "I think for me originally when they were like, 'Oh, Mad Max.' I was like, 'Uh, I’m not going to play the f***ing girl for Mad Max.' Then I read it and I was like, 'Oh, Mad Max. I feel sorry for you.' [Laughs] That rarely happens. It’s just really, it’s two great characters. It’s not the original Mad Max. It’s the revamped Mad Max. It’s Tom Hardy, who’s incredible. So, the whole thing is just very, very exciting."









Source : http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/theron-stoked-for-mad-max-fury-road

No comments:

Post a Comment