Friday, May 18, 2012

Neeson Talks Taken 2




In 2008's Taken, Liam Neeson starred as Bryan Mills, an ex-operative "with a particular set of skills" whose daughter was kidnapped by Albanian sex traffickers. But in Taken 2, its Neeson's character who'll need the saving, as the family of the ones he killed in the first film are now seeking vengeance.


"The action is supposed to take place about a year or a year and a half after the first story," said Neeson in a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly. "I’ve taken a job over in Istanbul looking after a sheik who is there, and afterward I discover that my wife’s going through a very bad time with her new husband. So I suggest she and my daughter come over for a few days and hang out with me in this amazing city. And then… [Laughs] all this s*** happens, of course."



" taken -- let’s put it that way," he continues. "They kidnap him to humiliate him, torture him, and ultimately bring him back to the village in Albania where the boys from the original film came from. With the help of my daughter... she wants to help me escape from where these bad guys have me."


Maggie Grace and Famke Janssen have returned to play Bryan's daughter and ex-wife respectively. Olivier Megaton (Columbiana, Transporter 3) has taken over directing duties for Pierre Morel, but writers Robert Mark Kamen and Luc Besson are both back. Taken 2 is currently slated for an October 5, 2012 release.


Click over to Entertainment Weekly for more pics and the full chat with Neeson.









Source : http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/18/neeson-talks-taken-2

No comments:

Post a Comment